Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
John Barrett John Barrett is offline

Default Need help with laser project

"Craig" wrote in message
I have a project, I am trying to convert the X/Y/Z (blank) signals from a
circuit designed to output to a vector scan monitor and redirect them to
laser either by galvanometer/PC interface/anything possible to active
this..

Can you help direct me to resources or the best way to do this?
This is for a single laser output (one color).
The problem also is that I want to increase the axis range dynamically so
that I can project on a wall, building, anything....

Thanks for any helpful suggestions!
Anyone for hire to help do this???

-Craig

What about a scan converter ?? sample the high data rate x/y/blank signals
into a buffer with some vector/corner detection to "extract" the useful
coordinates, then output a low rate stream to the galvo scanners, adding
corner points to square things up -- DSP should be up to the vector/corner
detection, and a microcontroller can handle the slow scan output. One of
those DSP/MCU combos should be quite capable of the task.