Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Where Do Ideas Come From - Creativity or Synthesisity?

"Dan Bollinger" wrote: (clip) many people take the first solution they come
up with. (clip)
The brain works in mysterious ways. The first solution you come up with
maybe a very good one. This is because your brain processes information at
a subconscious level, turning things over and making comparisons you are not
even aware of. Suddenly you have an *idea* which turns out to be good. It
didn't come from nowhere. In some cases I have deliverately tried to
improve on my first solution, only to make things worse.