Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed_Zep Ed_Zep is offline

Default Cupped Floorboards

On Mar 22, 8:17 pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article .com,
"Ed_Zep" writes:

I've noticed (I wish I hadn't) that the floorboards on the upper floor
of my house are a bit cupped. It's an old-ish house (1940s) so is this
something that just happens over the years?

There's no smell of damp and no evidence of moisture, though one wall
does get a little condensation on it.

Do people live with it or should I get it sorted. Am concerned down
the line that a buyer or surveyor might think it's damp.

It can be caused by running a dehumidifier in the house.
You end up with significantly different relative humidity
in different rooms. Have you done this?

--
Andrew Gabriel

I haven't. I think the boards were pretty cupped when I moved in 3
years ago. I've probably just become more aware of it.

I certainly won't be getting a dehumidifier now, though!