Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] robertj@magiccablepc.com is offline

Default bandsaw problem

On Mar 21, 5:01 pm, "PaulD" wrote:
On Mar 20, 6:52 pm, wrote:

I need help so I can cut out 10 or 14 inch round bowl blanks from
green wood on my bandsaw for woodturning on my lathe. The problem is
that my blade flexs too much and I can't do any more adjustments to
the guides or tension.

If you have tried tightening the adjustments, the next most likely
culpret could be the blade. Bandsaw blades do stretch over time and
if your blade has been in use for a while that could be the problem
and a simple blade replacement should be the solution. Properly
tightened you shouldn't be having the problem you describe, unless of
course you also have worn out bearings or other wear problems that
emerge with a heavily used machine.

Thanks to everyone for helping. I ordered a Timber olf 3tpi blade and
am going to try that when I get it and try some more suggestions I
received.

I love woodturning and am not about to give it up, so I'll keep trying
until I get it right or keep using my chainsaw to round the blanks.
Robert