Robin Michetti Robin Michetti is offline
Junior Member

I won't need to be paranoid if I don't use off-gassing, carcinogenic materials in the construction of my house. Read up on formaldehyde and you may become paranoid about laminated floors and most IKEA furniture which gives off toxic emissions. Smell is the least of my worries. It is the offgassing of these materials including the adhesives and press that are used in their manufacture of them that are cause for concern.
"Formaldehyde is classified as a human carcinogen and has been linked to nasal and lung cancer, and with possible links to brain cancer and leukemia. Short-term exposure to formaldehyde can be fatal. Long-term exposure to low levels of formaldehyde may cause respiratory difficulty, eczema, and sensitization." If I can avoid exposing my family to these serious health hazards, I want to do it...but it is not easy to find a solution.