Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

On Mar 21, 5:41 am, "3G" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

oups.com...| DanG wrote:

| Typical quality requires 3 coats. 12 hours dry time each coat.
| Setting compound can be used on the first coat. Most finishers I
| know would have zero interest in a weekend job.
|
| Area differences I suppose. There are plenty of hungry guys around
| here that work weekends. I've also used union guys. A few buddies
| would show up bright and early each weekend morning, knock the living
| crap out of the taping and spackling and knock off around 1 PM. They
| were "moonlighting" on the weekends and that was their only free time.

union guys moon lighting
isn't that against union policy?
where are the dues?

Where did you get that idea? The union is not interested in
preventing their guys from working to earn money. If the guy is
sitting on a bench they still have a family and expenses. If you call
up the union hall or make a visit, they'll help you out.