Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

On Mar 22, 10:18 am, " wrote:
Got my first quote today. $750 to tape/mud/sand all the joints and
corners. The installer said it would take about 3 days to complete.
One full day to get the first coat on everything and get the corners.
Two more days at about 2-3 hours per day to put the rest of the coats
on and finish it. Sounds reasonable to me.

I guess I'll be comparing to my other quotes when I get them in about
a week. But, how does the initial $750 sound for about 1150 square
feet? High, low, or average?

Thanks,
Kevin

Don't ask questions like that unless you're of the belief that all
contractor's are of equal quality, charge the same amount, estimate
the same way and there are no differences in labor and material costs
anywhere in the world. In order, the correct answers a they're
not, they don't, they may or may not depending on the trade (probably
not), there are huge differences and you never mentioned where you
were.

I personally believe it is pointless to ask what prices "should be" on
Usenet. If the single best estimator/contractor in the world applies
all of their mighty powers and provides you with the PERFECT number
etched in stone, it might as well be written in invisible ink on
toilet paper for the amount of weight that will carry with the
contractors in your area. Unless someone sees the job and gives you a
firm number, and, most importantly, is prepared to do the work in
agreement with your schedule, the number is 100% useless.

If you need to satisfy your curiosity, by all means get an additional
estimate or two.