Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Remving Dried Elmers Glue from Carpet

On 21 Mar 2007 08:49:11 -0700, "motherof2" wrote:

My toddler poured Elmers glue on a couple of spots on the wall to wall
carpeting. I am getting ready to sell my house and would like to find
a remedy since I didn't find the problem until the glue was already
dried. I am sensing that there is no remedy other than patch the
areas with pieces of carpet from the closet, but if anyone has a
magical idea, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!

imho:

I have had luck with such items, like play-doh, paste, etc doing this.

1. Chip as much way as possible without hurting anything.

2. Soften it up with a damp cloth, for a while. Not too long, I'm
affraid of mold and mildew.

3. Carpet cleaning machine, over and over.

I can get most stains down to very unnoticable with spot cleaning, and
then when I do regular rug cleaning I can get about invisible. It
seems to work for me, but no clue if it will work for you.

tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com