Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Re Ariston under-sink water heater install

HI All

The Studio saga continues......
After much thought, and with grateful thanks to all those who offered
suggestions, we finally decided to go with the electric under-sink
water heater.

This one is by Ariston, and stores 10 litres of hot water,
thermostatically controlled.....

The installation manual's in 12 languages (!) - but I'm stuggling to
understand the English info.... g

It seems to suggest that there are two ways to install the pipework to
the thing.... being 'open outlet' and (I assume) conventional tap
outlet.

I have taps for the new sink - so I was hoping to do the tap outlet
thing....

The heater has a red outlet connector and a blue inlet connector.
The instructions and diagram for this shows the following connections
on the cold inlet side of things....

From the mains water to the heater....
Pressure relief valve (8 bar - supplied).....
........Drain cock
........and then into the cold inlet of the heater.

Nothing is shown on the outlet side - but I'm guessing that it's
simply pipework to the hot tap ?

This is the first time I've installed one of these units - and I'd
like to get it right (very much aware of the expolsive power of steam
in the event of a failure !) - so am I right in that the pressure
relief valve goes on the inlet connection, rather than (as you might
expect) on the outlet side ....?

Maybe the idea is that, in the event of over-pressure, the first thing
that comes out is cold water... before the steam.... ? Dunno ??

There are also diagrams for an 'open' system - but that uses 'valves'
rather than 'taps', and I don't particularly want to go that route....

Any comments / suggestions please ??

Thanks
Adrian