Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Dupont flooring 30 year warranty that is really only good for 6 months

Sorry but subject lines don't tell the whole story nor are they required to.
Ever read a newspaper beyond the headlines? I guess not.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Art" wrote in message
thlink.net...
By my reading, if there is a hidden defect that takes longer than 6
months to show up you are screwed. Not all defects are visible out of
the box. A new glue used in manufacturing could take years to fail. If
it is deemed a manufacturing defect you have no warranty for that type of
defect beyond 6 months making the 30 year wear warranty useless.

What do you think is an acceptable period of time? You say "years to
fail" but is two years OK, Thirty?

Reading the subject line, it states that hte 30 year warranty is only good
for 6 months. Obviously, if there are no manufacturing defects the wear
warranty is still 30 years. That makes the subject line incorrect and the
writer of it may be liable for false and misleading statements.