Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Cleaning a Pool

On 21 Mar 2007 14:11:01 -0700, "Shinnokxz"
wrote:

Hopefully this is the best off place to be posting this. First time
poster- just got assigned to my parents' pool (6 ft. under ground
pool). moslty just needed a good skimming and brushdown- well
enough... i needed the exercise and tan Also noticed a bit of algae
growing on the corners and near the skimmer intake. Gave it a good
scrub and gave me the decision to shock it with this stuff in their
garage.

But the water is still a real murky color. At first it was more green,
but after getting rid of all the debris, clearing filters and throwing
in a quick bag of SHOCK... the murk seems to be turning more a blue
color. How would I got about making it crystal clear? We have lots of
chemicals in the garage, pH decreaser, shock, algae killer, some other
assorted. What will be the next step?

Thanks for any thoughts all.

Keep testing the water once a week and add chemicals as needed. Don't
expect overnight changes. Adding Shock will cause other fluctuations
to happen. Keep filters clean. Read and follow all directions.