Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** is offline

Default Use of stepped sine wave UPS with SONY Bracia Flat Panel LCDTV

Thanks!

David Brodbeck wrote:

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

Its been a while since I posted this question. I never did hear an
answer about whether a stepped sine wave UPS would bother my TV.

I think LCD TVs pretty much exclusively use switching-mode power
supplies. Switching supplies don't care much what the input waveform
looks like, so you should be fine. Consider that computers, which are
what these UPSs were made to run, also use switching supplies.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P