Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Need help with laser project

Sjouke Burry writes:

Craig wrote:
I have a project, I am trying to convert the X/Y/Z (blank) signals from a
circuit designed to output to a vector scan monitor and redirect them to
laser either by galvanometer/PC interface/anything possible to active this..

Can you help direct me to resources or the best way to do this?
This is for a single laser output (one color).
The problem also is that I want to increase the axis range dynamically so
that I can project on a wall, building, anything....

Thanks for any helpful suggestions!
Anyone for hire to help do this???

-Craig

Open up a damaged cd or dvd player.
It has a nice lens arrangement which you can
use to move around/tilt a small piece of mirror
you glue on top of the lens.
Then feed the small coils with all sorts of
signals, and have fun with it.
As you are only changing the angles, just stay far
away from the target, and you will get a nice big
picture field.
(Oh and don't you or other people look into the laser beam)
For safety, you can make a small detection circuit,
to check for the presence of AC voltage on the
coils, and use that to switch on/off the laser.
That increases your safety manifold.

By design, the lens does not tilt significantly. It moves up and down
(focus coil) or side-to-side (tracking coil).

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/