Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Need help with laser project

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:41:50 +0100, Sjouke Burry wrote:
Craig wrote:
I have a project, I am trying to convert the X/Y/Z (blank) signals from
a circuit designed to output to a vector scan monitor and redirect them
to laser either by galvanometer/PC interface/anything possible to active
this..

Can you help direct me to resources or the best way to do this? This is
for a single laser output (one color). The problem also is that I want
to increase the axis range dynamically so that I can project on a wall,
building, anything....

Thanks for any helpful suggestions!
Anyone for hire to help do this???

Oh I forgot one way to do this very easily, glue pieces of mirror to two
small loudspeakers, then bounce the laser form the first mirror to the
next mirror, and use a stereo amp, and music to move the mirrors/speakers.

I'd cut out the cone, and let the spider support the voice coil. Then, get
a little mirror, mount it seesaw fashion, and couple the voice coil to
one end of it. Your second mirror would have to be wider or taller than
the first one, depending on how much deflection you're looking at.

But people have been doing laser light shows for decades! Didn't I post a
link earlier today to a google of "laser light show"?

Good Luck!
Rich