Doug Goncz

Default Heat treating bicycle rear derailer hanger after bending

I know I should have hit the hanger with a torch before sending it out, but
alas, I was so stricken by the drive train failure I skipped that.

Now that the crucial bending is done, for the second time since I have had the
bicycle, how can I heat treat the hanger to keep it ready for the next time I
snarl my gears?

There is something called "spheroidizing". What else is there? Annealing.
Quenching is unlikely. Tempering. That's all, folks, as far as I know.

I have a couple bottles of propane and couple MAPP and two big head torches.

My physics project at NVCC:
Google Groups, then "dgoncz" and some of:
ultracapacitor bicycle fluorescent flywheel inverter