Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Demand (Tankless) Water Heater with Thermostatic Shower Control

On 2007-03-20, Wayne Whitney wrote:

But some "thermostatic" valves say they don't adjust for fluctuating
supply temperature, just supply pressure, e.g. some Deltas.

OK, I contacted Delta today for some clarification. The issue is that
Delta's thermostatic valves (17T series and 18T series) have a warning
in the manual that if you adjust the temperature of the hot water
supply, you may need to recalibrate the thermostatic cartridges. The
answer Delta gave me was that the valves are thermostatic with respect
to small fluctatuations in supply temperature (a few degrees) but not
degrees).

Cheers, Wayne