Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Remving Dried Elmers Glue from Carpet

On 21 Mar 2007 08:49:11 -0700, "motherof2" wrote:

My toddler poured Elmers glue on a couple of spots on the wall to wall
carpeting. I am getting ready to sell my house and would like to find
a remedy since I didn't find the problem until the glue was already
dried. I am sensing that there is no remedy other than patch the
areas with pieces of carpet from the closet, but if anyone has a
magical idea, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!

You might snoop around this site. I've used the #2 product to get red
makers off doors and walls and it works.

http://www.liftoffinc.com

Lift Off #2 Adhesives, Grease & Oily Stains Tape Remover was developed
to remove the second most common type of stains: those which have a
natural oil, petroleum or solvent-based nature such as tapes,
adhesives, chewing gum, grease, tar, crayons, motor oil, salad
dressing, and lipstick. Lift Off #2 works safely on all types of hard
surfaces including glass, Formica, linoleum, tile, metals, and wood,
and best of all, it evaporates 100%, so it won't leave any marks or
residue. Recognized by Popular Science as the Best New Formulation of
the Year, Lift Off #2 is the same formulation in both an aerosol and
non-aerosol versions. Let Lift Off #2 get you out of your sticky
situations!

..
--
Oren