Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Remving Dried Elmers Glue from Carpet

On 21 Mar 2007 08:57:18 -0700, "Joe" wrote:

On Mar 21, 10:49 am, "motherof2" wrote:
My toddler poured Elmers glue on a couple of spots on the wall to wall
carpeting. I am getting ready to sell my house and would like to find
a remedy since I didn't find the problem until the glue was already
dried. I am sensing that there is no remedy other than patch the
areas with pieces of carpet from the closet, but if anyone has a
magical idea, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!

Call the glue manufacturer's customer service. Odds are they've
answered this question many times. The same query has porbably popped
up at your dry cleaners, too, so give them a call as well. The most

Unrelated to this, but I had some clothes that the dry cleaner
couldn't get clean. Sweat stains I guess. i had them cleaned twice,
but no good. Then I washed them in the machine and they came out
clean, just needed ironing. Unfortunately washing them was an
afterthought after I cut off all the buttons and did more, so I didn't
get to use them again.

important thing you need to do before you call is to find exactly waht
kind of carpet you have, Nylon. Herculon, etc., etc.That will
determine the best means of attacking the globs. Don't be too hard on
the kid. When he's a teenager it gets worse. Good luck.

Joe