Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Dupont flooring 30 year warranty that is really only good for 6 months

By my reading, if there is a hidden defect that takes longer than 6 months
to show up you are screwed. Not all defects are visible out of the box. A
new glue used in manufacturing could take years to fail. If it is deemed a
manufacturing defect you have no warranty for that type of defect beyond 6
months making the 30 year wear warranty useless.

wrote in message

You've got to be kidding. I've heard plenty of laminate manufacturing
defect problems that show up years after installation. Glue between
layers
failing, crumbing particle board, etc. In that case you get zilch unless
it
shows up during the first 6 months of ownership. I've read many, many
laminate warranties. I have never run into anything like this. So if the
factory tries a new cheaper process they only have to make sure it holds
up
6 months under this warranty.

You need to re-read the fine print. There are two warranties. One
that covers defective material that will not be covered after 6 months
if you decide to install it anyway, and one that lasts for 30 years if
no defects have been detected by Dupont in the first 6 months.