Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Sony laser questions

wrote in message
oups.com...
Good, so I can put my mind at ease... lol

I forgot to mention in the original post of mine, the first CD I
tried, the one that spun backwards, was a printed music CD (real
CD).. And the game CD that froze at a certain audio track was a CD-
R..

being the CD-R game was super sensitive, im wanting to give it the
benefit of the doubt it was because it was a CD-R, though I used a
special type of "mastering" CD-R, ones the music industry use, and
would think the KSS240a would atleast have no problem with those...

A burnt CD is nothing like as reflective as a pressed CD, so any laser
low-output issues, will be exacerbated with a home burn over a commercial
pressing. Actually, '240s are particularly bad for not liking anything other
than genuine pressed discs, and need to be in really good condition to play
them successfully

Arfa