Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Toilet replacement question

Rick Blaine wrote:
"Jack" wrote:

Here are the symptoms...Flushing the toilet seems to fill the bowl, which
raises the water level in the bowl, there is a small delay, then a flush
which is not very powerful. Water pressure in my area is not great. There
is no clog in the pipe.

Fill a 5 gal bucket with water and pour it quickly into the bowl. If you get a
sarisfactory "swoosh" as the bowl empties, you don't have a drain issue.

Water pressure is immaterial - the flush comes from the storage tank. Pressure
just affects the refill time.

I doubt if that is also true for "power flush" toilets which compress
air above the water when refilling. I'd expect the initial flush
strength and the amount of water released to be a function of supply
pressure.

But since I don't own and haven't worked on one of those types of
toilets yet, maybe I don't fully understand their operation.

Won't someone help me please? G

Jeff

snipped

--