Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Pressure treated wood fence with black mold?

clipped

I spot the mold right after the contractor installed the fences. I even
send mold pictures to assistant store manager. He told me they (HD) can
only give me some kind of "a bucket of solution" to clean up the mold.
I am not happy with that answer. I think HD should do a better quality
control. Sell black mold fence panels at brand new price sounds crime to
me.

What is your concern .. appearance or condition of the wood? If
appearance, clean it. Mildew won't hurt it. It is intended to be used
outdoors, and mildew is a normal outdoor condition, more so in
humid/shady areas.

Most fencing material and lumber is stored outdoors. Your "new" lumber
could easily arrive infested with termites. PT is rot resistant, but
that doesn't mean it will not eventually rot. Same for termites.

Were you present when the fence was built? If so, why did you not
object then? If not, a bad idea.

http://www.taunton.com/finegardening/pages/g00028.asp
http://www.treatedwood.com/products/...lationfaq.html