Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
GPG GPG is offline

Default Need help with laser project

On Mar 21, 9:45 pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Craig" wrote in message

I have a project, I am trying to convert the X/Y/Z (blank) signals from a
circuit designed to output to a vector scan monitor and redirect them to
laser either by galvanometer/PC interface/anything possible to active
this..

Can you help direct me to resources or the best way to do this?
This is for a single laser output (one color).
The problem also is that I want to increase the axis range dynamically so
that I can project on a wall, building, anything....

Thanks for any helpful suggestions!
Anyone for hire to help do this???

-Craig

I seem to recall that Elektor magazine did an x-y laser projector a couple
of years back, and that a kit was done for it. Might be worth you posting on
their website forum. Also, the actual mechanics and drive electronics to do
this are readily available at very reasonable prices form the likes of
Maplin here in the UK. They are used for disco lighting purposes, and
respond to the music, but as far as I know, the effect is achieved by having
an x-y mirror unit driven by stepper motors. I would have thought that it
would not have been terribly difficult to suitably scale and condition the
analogue x-y drives for a stroke writing monitor, to suit the mirror drive
circuitry of such a ready-made unit, and sub your laser into the optical
path in place of the lamp unit.

Arfa- Hide quoted text -

It used a couple of DC motors to generate semi-random patterns using a
laser pointer