Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dan Bollinger Dan Bollinger is offline

Default Where Do Ideas Come From - Creativity or Synthesisity?

I think CREATIVITY is built into all of us. It
has to be, or humans would've gone extinct a long time ago.

I'll agree with the above statement, since it includes your coined terminology,
too. Coining a new term, and then asking for discussion is sorta like the dog
chasing his own tail. Everyone is creative, plain and simple. Why muddy the
waters with new, confusing, or limiting terms?

Creativity is closely associated with playfulness. If you are struggling with a
design, then I submit you are trying to hard. Lighten up!

Everyone has their way of solving problems. Most of us learned how to solve
problems by the time we were five years-old. Very few of us found new ways after
that. The difference between regular folk and very creative folk like artists
and designers is that they not only have discovered how they solve problems,
they've also learned new ways, too. It is a conscious effort for them.

The first step is to learn how you solve problems.

Just my thoughts, Dan