Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default How much gas leaked?

On 21 Mar, 15:36, "
wrote:
On Mar 20, 3:58 pm, wrote:

Last month I had my annual Landlord's Gas Safety Inspection. They
found and fixed a small gas leak. Yesterday the tenents said their
gas bill was a lot larger than they expected. How much gas is likely
to have leaked? Enough to have a significant effect on the billable
amount?

If they're staying put, tell them you'll monitor the actual usage for
the next 12 months of their tenancy and if there's a material
difference (say 20%) compared with the past 12 months consumption,
then you'll refund them (or not).

MBQ

I hope the utility companies don't start going down that route!

Mathew