Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
stevelup stevelup is offline

Default Bosch oven temp keeps resetting to 150

On Mar 20, 9:21 pm, "Steve H" wrote:
There is a red digital read out. When you make an oven selection from the
various combinations of elements and fans on one knob, the read out next to
the other starts at the mid temp setting of 150 and you then turn the knob
to get the desired red number above or below this mid point.

I had noticed the occasional sudden drop back from a high setting to the mid
point during cooking. This seemed to be more likely to occur after the door
had been opened and closed, and was a minor annoyance. Now it happens more
often than not and means I have to stay in the room ready for it to drop
back so that I can turn it up again.

I have not checked with a thermometer (don't have one that good) but do get
the impression that it is taking a long time to reach my 220 deg C bread
cooking temp - even before it starts to reset itself. However, I did let it
do a 'self clean' and it got up to max and stayed there for 2 hr with no
resets, so it isn't the elements.

Hi

I suspect a loose connection or dry solder joint on the front panel.
Try setting the temperature to 200 then hitting the front panel. If
this causes the reset, then you have identified your problem.

Regards,

Steve