Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Need help with laser project

Craig wrote:
I have a project, I am trying to convert the X/Y/Z (blank) signals from a
circuit designed to output to a vector scan monitor and redirect them to
laser either by galvanometer/PC interface/anything possible to active this..

Can you help direct me to resources or the best way to do this?
This is for a single laser output (one color).
The problem also is that I want to increase the axis range dynamically so
that I can project on a wall, building, anything....

Thanks for any helpful suggestions!
Anyone for hire to help do this???

-Craig

There was a similar project a few years back, laser MAME which was an
emulator of vector arcade games. The problem is that galvos have
physical mass and inertia, so the characteristics are quite different
than that of a vector monitor. If you can emulate the hardware on a PC
that's probably your best bet. There won't be a simple hardware converter.