Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default "Building for a green future"

In article , aspasia
says...
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:29:35 -0500, "frank.logullo"
wrote:

[snip]
Politicians may speak well but are generally technically ignorant and can be
bought. A good example is the ethanol fuel business mess.

Frank

Yeah, that one is really hysterical.

Did anybody hear the "president" make his speech about switch-grass,
as a source for alternative auto fuel? I laffed till I like to bust.

First of all, he's as clueless about switchgrass as he is about
everything other than thumping his Bible.

Perhaps you should do a little reading:

http://healthandenergy.com/biofuels.htm

According to this report, switchgrass is about 7.6 times more
efficient than grain corn ethanol production. It's 30% cheaper for
space heating and produces about 90% less greenhouse gas than oil.
It grows readily in North America with very little effort. A recent
report that ran on the CBC suggests that, if 4% of Canada's arable
land was planted with switchgrass, that would be sufficient to
virtually eliminate oil as a heating fuel in that country. One acre
would be sufficient to heat the average Canadian home for a year.
(but what do Canadians know about heating a home?)