Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Terrific Tom Terrific is offline

Default "Building for a green future"

In article , aspasia
says...
[...]

First of all, he's as clueless about switchgrass as he is about
everything other than thumping his Bible.

Not sure what that means. Nevertheless, you'd be hard-pressed to
cite a single weekend during Clinton's administration in which the
President didn't appear on the evening newscast with his Bible in his
hand. ...but I guess that's different, right?.

Some idiot writes stuff for him and he reads it. Got so that he can
almost read off a
teleprompter without making too many mistakes.

If I'm not mistaken, Kennedy was the last President who routinely
wrote his own material. While Johnson didn't use a teleprompter (I'm
not even sure when that was invented), he didn't try to hide the fact
that he was reading word for word from the paper in front of him. He
had an almost animated way of turning the pages. But again ...I
guess that's different.

But when they have to
let him out to face the public, much less the chicken press, and he
has to speak impromptu, poor language-challenged soul that he is, now
that is a real spectacle!

If eloquence of speech qualified a man to be President, Louis
Farrakhan would long ago have been crowned President for life.

[...]

Second, neither he nor anyone else in his incompetent, ignorant,
cowardly, corporate-ass-kissing administration will mention the Fuel
that Dares Not Speak Its Name (for the unaware, a take-off on what
used to be called "The Love that Dares Not Speak its Name", i.e.
homosexuality.)

Again, you somehow feel that this is unique to the Bush
administration. Did you really step off the boat just yesterday?