Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Squirrels in the attic...

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:38:15 -0500, "Steve"
wrote:

I'm an idiot!
I received allot of good advice and I captured a squirrel in my attic this
afternoon.
I would like to add one bit of information that NOW seems obvious.
SECURE THE ENDS OF THE TRAP IMMEDIATELY!

Yes, sir.

Thinking back I'm surprised it didn't get out when I tilted the trap to get
it down through the cut out in the ceiling.
In spite of some suggestions it was very calm as I carried it downstairs.
In the basement I put the cage down on end, to judge the height that was
available in the trap, next to a trash barrel...
Did I say I'm an idiot!
With the trap on end, the latch swings down and the door opens up.
I chased the squirrel through a bulkhead door into a shed attached to the
house and locked him in.

In hindsight I think I may not have planned the second half of this
operation to well.

I have to go lock the shed door so my wife doesn't open it....

steve

Be sure to carrry a key in this situation, so the next time the
squirrel locks you in, you'll be able to get out.