Posted to alt.home.repair
jay-n-123 jay-n-123 is offline

Default Does this gutter issue need to be fixed?

I live in a condo, and about a year and a half ago a new roof was put on and
new gutters were installed too.

One thing I happened to notice, that I don't particularly like, is that when
it rains, there is a tendency of water to drip down from between the gutter
and fascia board in one section. I don't think the gutter is clogged and
there is no ice dam. I suspect there is just something about the way this
gutter was installed (or maybe the roof) that causes water to drip between
the fascia board and gutter rather than the water going just into the
gutter. There supposedly is an ice shield on the new roof.

It's not a large quantity of water, but the dripping happening to a small
degree even when it rains lightly. It only happens in one section, which is
several feet long and happens to be above the bay window, which concerns me
because I don't want this to turn into an issue where water leaks into the
bay window.

Today there is melting snow on the roof, but, there is no snow on the roof
near the gutters, and no ice dam, but there is water dripping between the
gutter and fascia board.

Is this something that needs to be reported to the management company or is
it something that can be left as is?

Thanks,

J.