Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default clicking noise in bedroom

On 19 Mar 2007 12:07:23 -0700, wrote:

My fiance and I just moved to this 2 year old townhome. Everytime
when we use the toilet rooms (there are two upstais), we hear the
clicking/cracking noise from the wall behind our bed. It lasts about
10-30 seconds but it is so annoying.

We track it down to the basement, we did not see any water damamge on
the wall or on the ceiling where the pipe travels through. We really
worried it might be some leaking problems invloved. But we only hear
the noise, we didn't see any signs.

Anyone knows if it is normal? How to fix it? Thanks a lot

Jenny

My house seems to be full of little noises, I only notice when trying
to sleep. It seems that 99% are associated with things expanding and
contracting inside the walls. Duct work, piping etc. Might notice it
more during extreme temps. Hot summers, flush and the piping quickly
contracts than returns. Cold winters, the piping warms up, expands
and then returns. etc. etc.

Just a guess, since this is what I figured is happing in my house.

later,

tom @
www.Consolidated-Loans.info