Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Steve is offline

Default Door closer

butterfly wrote:
We have just fitted a door closer on a door as requested by building
control. I dont think we carried out the fitted correctly since it
turned out to be a nightmare to fit, requiring the strength of 2 men to
do it properly. (we fitted one side in, but had to use a lot of force to
position the other hinge into place to screw it in...). Anyway, its done
now, and the door closes automatically when opened but it doesnt slam
shut. Is it ok if its slightly ajar or will building control require it
to slam shut?

FWIW (I know nothing about fire doors) it would seem to me that a fire
door should shut properly otherwise it would seem a bit pointless having
it in the first place.

HTH Steve