Posted to alt.home.repair
comcastss news groups comcastss news groups is offline

Default how to drain and refill heating system?

I have an oil fired burner with forced hot water, two zones, I want to drain
one zone to modify a radiator (shorten it) and then refill the system.
Would this be difficult? should I get the furnace company out to do it.
I would prefer to do it myself as it will be difficult to coordinate if I
have to get the oil company out to do the service...

While not an expert, I feel comfortable changing the plumbing. The radiator
I want to shorten actually has an area where there are no fins right where I
want to cut it. It looks like it was made to be cut there?
A couple of elbows and 10" of 3/4" copper and I'll have the radiator
modified...

Draining and refilling the system is where I need help.
I have a call in to the furnace co. to see if someone can meet me and show
me how to do it??
Again, coordinating to meet them is a problem.

I'm hoping this procedure is simple and I can do it myself.

Thanks for any help

Steve