Curt Martin

Default You might killfile me for asying this, but........

Using your TV Remote analogy is good.

Once you have programmed your remote to your own, personal favorites, do
you then call the TV cable company - pointing out to them that you have not
programmed the "all-swimming" channel because they make their lifeguards
wear bright yellow swimsuits when they all are, obviously, "summers" on the
color spectrum who would look much better in pastel colors?

Awesome. That's funny. The whole killfile thing is funny to me as
well. Heres my take:

Step 1: Read that "so-and-so" has killfiled "asshole".

Step 2: A day or so later you read a reply from "so-and-so" to another
post from "asshole".

Step 3: "Asshole" says something to effect of..."thought you killfiled
me(?) admit defeat now, you can't make it through a day without the
benefit of my devine wisdom", ending with a witty barb pertaining to
"so-and-so's" inteligence or size of manhood.

Step 4: "So-and-so" retreats explaining something about their
newsreader not filtering right, or that they simply saw "assholes" post
because it was piggybacked on someone elses post, "so-and-so" wraps up
reply with the announcement of the mother of all killfiles, vowing that
"assholes" posts will never, ever be read by him again.

Step 5: See step 2.