Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Is anyone familiar with this chainsaw?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Sitll, if I honestly used it hard every day, or used it as my method
of making a living, I might consider the Stihl. But as far as having
an expensive piece of equipment like that, I would be sick every time
I looked at is sitting, knowing that I spent $1100 to $1200 on a saw
that I didn't use that much.

Well - so would I Robert. I don't remember what I paid for my Stihl now,
but it was probably in the $300-$400 range 15 years or so ago. List price
was something else, but like cars nobody sold at list. There certainly were
other saws that would have served my needs at the time, but I could afford
what I was accustomed to and what I had come to consider the best of the
best, so I bought it. I've never regretted being a Stihl owner and highly
recommend their saws, but there really are some pretty good alternatives out
there for less. I just don't recommend big box stores for them. Local
dealers need the business.

--

-Mike-