Posted to rec.woodworking
nautilus nautilus is offline

Default Help with this plane!

Hi all!

I'm looking to buy a plane here in Argentina. I seem to believe that
it's a Bailey 1 Smoothing plane, but I'm not sure... I never really
saw one of those. The vendor doesn't know much about it.

Could you please help me to identify if this is an original plane,
maybe an aprox production date, model, or any other data you might
consider important? Here I'm posting some pictures of it!

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/1-Side.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ne/2-Front.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/3-Sole.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...4-PatDates.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/5-Knob.jpg

For example, I read that the plane always had a solid brass nut for
the iron's depth adjustment.. but this one has that "depression" found
in larger bench planes, as you can see in the pictures.

Thank you very much in advance!
Nautilus