butterfly butterfly is offline
Junior Member

Default Door closer

We have just fitted a door closer on a door as requested by building control. I dont think we carried out the fitted correctly since it turned out to be a nightmare to fit, requiring the strength of 2 men to do it properly. (we fitted one side in, but had to use a lot of force to position the other hinge into place to screw it in...). Anyway, its done now, and the door closes automatically when opened but it doesnt slam shut. Is it ok if its slightly ajar or will building control require it to slam shut?
We used this kind of closer: http://www.transtools.co.uk/store/pr...or-closer.html

Any advice on where we went wrong during the fitting would also be appreciated.