Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Firehawk1532002@yahoo.com is offline

Default Honda HT-R 3009 Mower starter

I've got an old, and up until now, dependable Honda HT-R 3009 riding
lawnmower. My cousin couldn't get it to work so my dad and I took it
to a local guy and he did a bit of work on it and got it working. He
said the problem was with the starter; he said the solenoid had some
gunk in it; he cleaned it out and it started right up.

I'm now afraid that my starter is acting up again. I just did my pre-
season maintenace on my lawnmower and lo-and behold it won't start.
It turned over a few times when I first turned the key but it was very
rough and I don't remember it sounding quite that way before. After a
few more tries the starter wouldn't even fire up when I turned the
key. I checked the battery and it seems to be doing fine; I'm afraid
that the starter is acting up again.

The only problem was that I coudl only find one place on the web that
sells a starter for this mower, and its $329. However, on the same
webpage they had a "Starter Soleniod" for $55.20. I guess I'm
confused as to the difference between the "motor" and the
"solenoid".

Does it sound like it could be starter and does anyone know where I
could get a starter motor for cheaper or would I just need to replace
the solenoid?

Here's the link for the website: http://www.planopower.com/store/honda/ht-r3009.shtml

Thanks!

Josh