Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] spsuamin@gmail.com is offline

Default Hoover Steam Vac, brushes stopped - repair/service manual?

On 26 Jan, 22:08, kstar24 wrote:
Scott Wrote:

***UPDATE***

I found the problem and took the time to document it with some
pictures:

http://www.sacreativeservices.com/fo...uff/steam_vac/

Hopefully this will help someone else that encounters the same
problem.

Later,

Scott

Scott,

I found this very helpful. I have managed to get mine apart but I do
not see anything broke. Can you tell me if you can turn the gears by
hand using the brush? I hope this makes sense. If not please contact me
via e-mail.
Thank you
Kim

--
kstar24

Scott
Found your pictures very useful. I opened mine up and fortunetly did
not find a broken turbine disc but instead just a very jammed disc. I
slowly hand turned the gear, important word is slowly so as not to
break the disc, and managed to get the disc through a rough spot. The
disc rotated freely after this so I assembled everything back together
and the vacuuam works fine. I wonder what caused it to get stuck in
the first place. Hoover definetly could have used some better anti
corroding bearings.

Kim if your still having problems, I wouldn't recommend turning the
gears at the brushes but instead try to disassemble everything and get
down to the turbine disc and then try to slowly rotate the disc.

Thanks For your help Scott