Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Toilet replacement question

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:19:34 -0400, "Jack" wrote:

It seems to clog everytime my mother-in-law is over...
.
No, it always had a slow flush. Its a Mansfield Alto RF. I looked at the
MaP study, and the combination only show a 275 gram MaP flush performance,
far lower than many others available.

Maybe it's lower, but 99% of them still flush fine, right?

I think it needs to get replaced.

What kind of toilets do you have in the other bathrooms?

And of course the other guy was right. Your house water pressure has
nothing to do with how it flushes. As long as the toilet tank fills.

Does the toilet tank fill? Could you raise the level without going
above the overflow tube that goes into the bowl?

Did you do as I asked and take the lid off the tank and watch what
happens when you flush it?

Anything unusual?

How do you know it's not the vent? In my case and many, the
downstairs toilet uses a different vent from the upstairs toilets.

"mm" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:23:20 -0400, "Jack" wrote:

Hello,
My house is 4 years old. I bought it new. Three bathrooms, 2 on second
floor, 1 on first floor.
.
The toilet on the first floor doesn't flush that well. I don't know if
the

BTW, did it used to flush well?

reason is because of venting, or if the reason is because its a 'builders'
fixture (Mansfield is the brand).
.
Would replacing this fixture with a high-grade model from Toto make a big
difference?

Not if the problem is venting.