Posted to alt.home.repair

Default T 111 for fence material?

"al" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 19, 6:47 pm, wrote:
The 8 foot fence behind my house is built with T111.

It has been there for years and seems to be holding up pretty well.

I not sure I would install the panels horizontally though.

Is it a problem to cut them in to 4 footers and install them
vertically?

No problem doing it vertically. I'm just thinking the horizontal
would look interesting. And I would actually be doing an 8' fence
with 2 panels per section, one above the other. May require
additional fastening to insure the joint between the two is strong
enough?

Should work OK. There will be one hell of a lot of wind load on it so be
sure to use plenty of deep posts.

If you are in an area with zoning, check before you put up an 8' fence.
That would not be permitted in many places.