Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Toilet replacement question

On Mar 19, 6:23 pm, "Jack" wrote:
Hello,
My house is 4 years old. I bought it new. Three bathrooms, 2 on second
floor, 1 on first floor.
.
The toilet on the first floor doesn't flush that well. I don't know if the
reason is because of venting, or if the reason is because its a 'builders'
fixture (Mansfield is the brand).
.
Would replacing this fixture with a high-grade model from Toto make a big
difference?
.
Here are the symptoms...Flushing the toilet seems to fill the bowl, which
raises the water level in the bowl, there is a small delay, then a flush
which is not very powerful. Water pressure in my area is not great. There
is no clog in the pipe.
.
I can do the replacement, just not sure if I should. It would only be less
than $300.00 to do the job.
Thanks for your time.

If the stuff is going down the chute the don't bother. If it aint
broke....