Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default "Building for a green future"

On Mar 18, 10:43 pm, Just Joshin wrote:
On 18 Mar 2007 04:52:27 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

Building for a green future
A wave of green building laws is sweeping the nation, forcing builders
to install solar panels, fluorescent light bulbs and roofs with
vegetation whether they like it or not.
athttp://www.washtimes.com/specialreport/20070318-125757-4681r.htm

imho:

I've noticed there is always a trend of the 'haves' to dominate the
'havenots'. This is typically done with 'enviro/open space' laws.
Once a person has a home in a nice neighborhood, they don't want to
see everyone follow them. So, they push for stricter more expensive
new homes, less land by pushing for no-dev spaces, etc.

Just an observation. I'm guessing that renters don't vote

Hell yea, I'm lucky enough to have my 20 acres of Minnesota Heaven.
There seem to be almost no restrictions whatsoever as to what I do on
my place within the law of course. I can have any kind of fence, any
kind of livestock, any kind of junkyard, any kind of building I want
and three phase power too. Rural.

It's all filled up with trees and I cut them down when they get in my
way. No regular person would ever dream of bothering me out here but
there are these uptight neighbors with their plastic mansion and they
have an attitude. They actually complained that one of my trees was
leaning onto their side!!?? WTF there's nothing but trees out there.
That's the mentality that's these people have.

Then there's the tax collector. They come right up to your house like
they own the place. It makes me sick with the questions they ask. I
ought to turn my dogs loose on them. They always want to know if I
have a septic yet so they can tax it. Every damn thing you build and
own they want to tax and for what?
What good is it to have a ****ter if you have to pay for it every day
till the day you die?