Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Bret Ludwig Bret Ludwig is offline

Default Ebayer "TUBE" stupid son of bitch

Japs hare crazy. They go after WECO gear because it's "top line
American stuff" from the golden age of US technology. In actuality,
WECO transformers were all special design for each application, and
weren't all that great. The output transformers on the 101A, for
example, produce copious amounts of third harmonic, which the negative
feedback loop cancels. Any Stancor would be better at coupling audio.

They don't seem to want it for test gear. They part it out for the
transformers. And they are not good transformers.

I used a similar beast where I worked a long time ago. It was not a
19C, I don't remember the designation. It had the female longframe
jacks for output and the manual indicated it was for 110 VAC-DC but
that a 48V Co version was available. No one else seems to know what I
am talking about and you seem legit Bell. snip

Let's see...there was the 21-set, which was a combined AF oscillator
and voltmeter that answers that description somewhat. The voltmeter,
while not true RMS reading, had a novel tube driven scaling circuit
that'd take the incoming sine wave and convert the DC to the meter to
be fed to a panel meter calibrated in dB in linear increments...much
ado about nothing, really. 21As were very common until the end of my
toll CO career in the '80s.

eBay has none currently. 180076938888 appears to be one item number
now sold. Buyer's in the United States oddly enough.

But that's not the set I used. What's bizarre is that there are TWO
listed in Google as being sold for the same amount of $343.00 Same
bider. One has a black front and one off-white to gray green.
180076938868. Bizarre.