Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default air compressor & tool question

Hi George

Don't know anything about Grex air tools.
Do know you should go for a oilbath compressor, not a oil free one.
as for the HP, just like others have mentioned, they don't mean
anything, go by cubic feet per minute at a realistic pressure 90 PSI
is a good one, that is the pressure most air tools are used at,
What you use it for is up to you of course, but if your use is mainly
sanding, than that is one expensive sander to buy and to run, just
IMO.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 19, 5:32 am, "George Saridakis" wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am looking at
Grex air tools from Packard
Craftsman Professional 60 gal. Air Compressor, 2.9 hp, Vertical Tank,
Twin-V 2-Stage Oil Free Pump (I figure I could repair an oil free unit if
need be)

Anyone have experience with these?

thanks
George