Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Mitchell Clive Mitchell is offline

Default What would YOU do with this thing?

In message , bob
writes
I agree that the original use, an indoor BBQ, is kind of cool, but the
fact hat I'd have to use charcoal kinda puts me off. I think the
original installation was subject to bit of misplaced logic when you
consider the climate here. There is a chimney above the grill, as well
as a big vent fan. The fan is meant to blow the smoke into the main
fireplace chimney, but when we moved in it was stuffed with fibreglass
insulation. There is no flue on the grill side, so in winter, frigid
air would come bombing down the chimney and into the livingroom trhough
the fan. Yes, there are solutions, but I guess I like the idea of
livingroom BBQs more than the actual act.

Charcoal is more authentic though. You could just put a suitable
shuttering device or plug in the chimney when it wasn't being used in
winter.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com