Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] atekie@gmail.com is offline

Default Which "Home Owner Warranty" Company do you recommend?

BUYER BEWA

I have used a few different home warranty companies and I can tell you
the WORST one by far is American Home Guardian (http://
americanhomeguardian.com/). The guy who runs this company is a jerk.
They will not fix the problem only prolong it. They are very
unresponsive and limit you to 6 claims in 1 year (even if it is the
same problem over and over again). If you use your warranty they will
refuse to do business with you in the future. This company only wants
to collect the premium then never hear from you again.

I would recommend a company called Service 1, they are much more
reputable.

WalkerTexasHiker wrote:
Buying our first house, the seller has offered to purchase a Home Owner
Warranty for us but we are tasked with choosing which company and plan we
want (up to $400). Does anyone have one of these or can you recommend a
company?

Thanks in advance