Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Heads up- Heath-Zenith

It's funny you should say that John, years ago, I had so many problems with
the RAB units, I stopped using them. These things have been through so many
generations, I think at this point, there's no excuse for not making a
decent unit, except to cut the price. I use a unit made by H-Z but marketed
under a different name and sold by Grainger. It looks almost the same as the
HD unit but costs a little more, and I've never had a problem with them. The
current crop of RAB's are fine now too, but some of the units are a little
bulky

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"Al Dente" wrote in message
After purchasing my second Heath-Zenith motion sensor driveway light
at Home Depot (1st one failed in 2 days-2nd one failed in 60 days) I
tried to contact Heath-Zenith for support. Their website is now
unreachable. After searching blogs, It seems this is a widespread
problem. It is also the only brand carried by Home Depot.

As is becoming the norm, it appears that Heath-Zenith will take the
money and run. Too bad. They were both great companies at one time.

I have been buying a brand called Rab from my local electrical supply
house
for several years. I don't recall ever having a customer call back
because
a unit stopped working. They are a little more expensive than the Home
Depot stuff, but customer satisfaction is important to me.