Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Door panels CUPPING during DRY season??????

Jim Weisgram wrote in
:

[...snip...]

I agree. But again I would have thought such "cupping" would occur
more during the wet months when the panel would be expanding against a
rigid frame.

[...snip...]

Hmm, if it was just a change in humidity, the panel would expand
equally on both sides, no cupping.

not considering the GRAIN direction of the wood.
Now if the panel was quartersawn,then you would get little or no
cupping.Flatsawn wood will cup because of the curvature of the wood grain.

Perhaps you have a difference in the finish on the back side vs. the
front, so the panel moves more on one side than the other. How are
they finished, front and back?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik